French Oakmoss - Perfume Oil
Oakmoss is a tree lichen with a dark green, powerfully grounding aroma. A light anointing can pull the wearer deep into meditation and restore a sense of balance. Lavender and violet leaf lend brighter green overtones while the tenacious mossy base remains for a long drydown.5mL or 10mL
Contains: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (fractionated oil from organic coconut), Natural Fragrance (essential oils, resins, and botanical extracts), Triethyl citrate (from citric acid)
Our ingredients are:
Lab tested for purity
Synthetic-Free (This means NO Parabens, PFAS, phthalates, formaldehydes, dyes, BHA, BHT, PEGs, etc.)
To wear, apply directly to wrists and then rub them onto other pulse points.
To wear in hair, apply a few drops to a hair brush and work into hair.
To use as body oil, add a 10mL bottle of perfume to 3-4oz of a shelf stable carrier oil such as MCT or jojoba.
Natural perfumes evolve throughout wearing them as they evaporate. There is a bright opening of top notes when first applied followed by a few hours of heart notes, then a drydown that varies in time but holds closer to the skin. You may choose to reapply during the day as a sensory ritual. All of our perfumes are at an extrait de parfum (high) concentrate.
The oil perfumes are in a base of MCT (coconut) oil.
• Top notes escape when it is first applied. This creates a vibrant opening that will quickly begin to mellow and transform on the skin.
• Medium sillage and longevity.
• Applying the fixative base under the oil will naturally extend the scent.
The wax (solid) perfumes are in a base of MCT (coconut) oil, shea butter, and beeswax.
• Top notes are muted since they are trapped in a heavier base, which releases the scent more slowly.
• Lowest sillage, highest longevity.
• Works well in warm weather and on warm skin, as heat is needed to release the scent from the wax.
• Scent is easier to accurately smell straight from the container.
Vegan? Organic? GMO-Free? Clean? Cruelty Free? Lab Tested?
All products are vegan with the exception of the use of beeswax in our solid perfumes and lip balms.
None of our suppliers test on animals and we certainly don't either (unless you include ourselves).
We source organic, unsprayed, and sustainably wild-harvested ingredients whenever possible.
We research our sources to ensure ethical harvests and business practices.
We source ingredients that are GS-MS tested and certified for purity. All perfumes, lip balms, and elixirs are 100% natural.
This means NO Parabens, PFAS, phthalates, formaldehydes, BHA, BHT, PEGs, etc.
Where and how is this produced?
All FSW products are hand-made in small batches as well as bottled, labeled, and packaged in our studio. We handle everything from customer service and order fulfillment to our website and media in-house. Our aesthetic is a collaboration of a three-woman crew.
What is the Shelf Life?
• The perfumes are shelf-stable indefinitely (5+ years) if properly stored.
• Store products in a cool or room temperature place. Heat can cause the more delicate essences to "burn up" and fade, changing the scent. Keep away from open air and sunlight, as oxygen and UV rays can also damage the scent.
• The most delicate top notes may begin to fade after the first year and the earthier base notes will become stronger and smoother after several years. Although the scent may alter over time, it is still wearable.
• The Lip Embellishments are best if used within 2 years, but they are still safe to use after this.
• The Rosehip Elixir Oil must be stored carefully (away from heat, sunlight, and oxygen exposure) and used within 8 months. The formula is fragile and oxidation will occur naturally because we do not use harsh preservatives. (The scent will change if the oils oxidize, so this is the best way to determine expiration.) Shelf life can be extended if stored in the refrigerator.
• We use IFRA compliant oakmoss
• No products contain gluten
• Some products contain the following nut oils: Shea, Kukui, Macadamia, Sweet Almond. (Rosehip Elixir, Lip Balms)
• If you have a known plant allergy, you can email us to ask if a product contains it in the scent formula.
• You may want to test a small amount on your skin first to make sure you are not allergic to any plant materials. An allergic reaction may result in a rash on the skin that fades after a day.
• Store products in a cool, dry environment away from direct sunlight and use only for their intended purpose.
• Avoid eye area and do not consume internally.
• Scents with citrus oils may cause photo-sensitization. Avoid prolonged direct sun exposure to areas a fruity scent is applied to.
And operated, employed, contracted, and collaborated.
We use compostable, recyclable, and minimal packaging as much as possible.
Our studio hours are
Tue & Thur 10-4, Fri 10-3.